- “Book Review: Proportionality for High-Tech Searches,” 6 Ohio St. J. Crim. L. 751 (2009) (Reviewing Christopher Slobogin, Privacy at Risk: The New Government Surveillance and the Fourth Amendment).
- “Book Review: Transparency in Jeopardy,” Issues in Science & Tech., Winter, 2007, at 92 (Reviewing Alasdair Roberts, Blacked Out: Government Secrecy in the Information Age).
- “Privacy and Information Sharing in the War on Terrorism,” 51 Villanova L. Rev. 260 (2006).
- “The System of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Law”, 72 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 1306 (2004).
- “A Model for When Disclosure Helps Security: What Is Different About Computer and Network Security?” 3 J. Telecomm. & High Technology L. 163 (2004) (and forthcoming as a chapter in a book to be published by the Cambridge University Press).
- “Legal FAQs on Wiretaps,” Center for American Progress, January 26, 2006.
- “Speaking Out About Wiretaps,” Wash. Post, Aug. 30, 2002, at A23 (with John Podesta).
- “If Surveillance Expands, Safeguard Civil Liberties,” Atlanta Journal Constitution, October 21, 2001.
- “Administration Wiretap Proposal Hits the Right Issues But Goes Too Far,” Brookings Terrorism Project Website, October 3, 2001.
Testimony and other public comments:
- Testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, on National Security Letters, April 11, 2007.
- Testimony before the White House Privacy and Civil Liberties Board, Dec. 5, 2006.