The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) is a Washington, DC based think tank that seeks to advance responsible data practices. The forum is led by Internet privacy experts and includes an advisory board comprised of leading figures from industry, academia, law and advocacy groups.
Education Policy Director (full-time)
FPF seeks a senior level education policy expert to lead our student privacy efforts. This individual will be a nationally recognized leader with a background in education policy issues and with an understanding of relevant technology, data and legal concerns. Project goals include developing best practices, advising policymakers, educating companies and school officials and creating tools and resources needed by stakeholders seeking to ensure student privacy when using data and technology for education.
This leader will bring a student and parent focused attitude to the work and also have the ability and experience to lead a national-scope research and advocacy project and manage a multi-disciplinary project team.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please direct letters of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications and Outreach Manager:
FPF is hiring a professional communications/outreach manager to develop and execute a comprehensive communications program that will enhance FPF’s position and visibility across a wide variety of stakeholders including its members and supporters, policymakers, funding community and general public. Responsibilities include awareness building tasks through print and social media; identifying and coordinating op-ed placements and features in mainstream and trade outlets; managing content and presentation of web resources for effectiveness and impact; creating messaging and collateral for discrete deliverables, presentations, publications and events; and managing all aspects of communications and outreach related to the organization and its projects. Please direct letters of interest to email@example.com.
Administrative Assistant (full-time):
You must have demonstrated organizational and administrative skills required to:
- Handle high volume of meeting scheduling for executive director
- Track meetings to be scheduled
- Ensure executive director has the needed materials for any meeting or speaking engagement
- Assist office manager with event set-up
- Create expense reports
- Helps organize and maintain filing system
- Obtain/vet new vendors
- Other office tasks as necessary
- Orders office supplies, printer cartridges, etc.
- Provide general administrative support to the Future of Privacy Forum staff
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Research for projects as needed
- Experience with content management systems (Salesforce.com, etc.)
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- Prefer experience with government and/or nonprofit organizations
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures & equipment
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail